[MiQP-Mail] Fwd: MiQP K8MR Single Op LP

jimk8mr at aol.com jimk8mr at aol.com
Sun Apr 22 07:44:33 CDT 2018

 Thanks to all for the QSOs!

73  -  Jim

-----Original Message-----
From: webform <webform at b4h.net>
To: 3830 <3830 at contesting.com>; k8mr <k8mr at arrl.net>
Sent: Sun, Apr 22, 2018 8:39 am
Subject: MiQP K8MR Single Op LP

Michigan QSO Party

Call: K8MR
Operator(s): K8MR
Station: K8MR

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: FL
Operating Time (hrs): 7

   80:   17
   40:   22      1
   20:   35    13
   15:
   10:
--------------------
Total:   74    13  CW Mults = 40  Ph Mults = 12  Total Score = 8,268

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

I did miss being mobile in MiQP after having done so twelve times, but I did not
miss that fact that those trips were often the last time I saw snow for the
season (usually in a shaded embankment in Cheboygan county or the like). But
taking a break at the swimming pool in 85F Florida sunshine does have something
to be said for it.

I kept plugging away from my limited station - dipole in the second floor condo
attic for 40-10 and a vertical outside with only a few radials for 80. Tried 15
couple of times, got only one RBN SWL report from PJ2 and one call from W6SX who
was disappointed to find that I was in Florida.

Glad to work the several mobiles, though would have been nice to get them in a
few more places. I was impressed with K8IR pulling me out for several QSOs on 80
meters, as well as a number of less challenging ones on 40 and 20. And as always
it was good to work Ron, W8RU, who get me started in mobile contesting with my
very first trip in the 2000 MiQP.

I hope to catch you all next weekend, when I'll be on the road in the Florida
QSO Party.

73  -  Jim  K8MR