[MiQP-Mail] Delayed 2018 MiQP Results

David Pruett k8cc at comcast.net
Wed Apr 10 19:16:07 CDT 2019

MiQPers,

Let me take a moment to clarify the reason for the delay in publishing the results of the 2018 MiQP from last year, and also give an accurate report on where we are at.

I (Dave, K8CC) am the one man team who checks MiQP logs and authors the results write up which appears on the MiQP web site.  Those of you who know me personally are probably aware that I suffer from high blood pressure and type two diabetes and take medicine for these two conditions.  Beginning last October, I started having rashes at various places on my body which doctors believe are an allergic reaction to one or more of the medicines I am taking.  Which medicine is the problem, they are not sure.  The situation was most evident on my right foot, the rash making it difficult to wear a shoe or sock comfortably to leave the house or even move around inside the house.

I am slowly feeling better and I have an appointment with my dermatologist tomorrow to get the results of a skin biopsy taken last week.

As far as the MiQP Results, the logs are all checked and the result tabulated.  I will send the plaque winners info to Mike, WD8S tomorrow so that he can get a jump on ordering the plaques.  I am going to try my best to get the 2018 results published on the web site before the 2019 contest.

I deeply regret the delay in getting these results published.  If my condition continues to improve I should be at Dayton.

73, Dave/K8CC

Sent from my iPhone