[MiQP-Mail] AF8A MO Single Xmtr

Gary Mikitin af8a at mangobay.com
Sun Apr 18 07:38:01 CDT 2021

Michigan QSO Party - 2021

Call: AF8A
Operator(s): AF8A
Station: AF8A

Class: Multi Op Single Xmtr
QTH: OH
Operating Time (hrs): ~5:00

80:   38         0
40:   10         0
20:
15:
10:
--------------------
Total: 48       0       CW Mults = 29      Ph Mults = 0      Total Score = 2784

Club: Mad River RC

Comments:

Tough going due to poor propagation from Michigan to Ohio.  For many hours at the start, I could only hear the UP and the top two tiers of counties in the mitten.   In fact, there were almost no cluster spots from Ohio skimmers during that time - only PA skimmers, and some in eastern PA, were putting out spots on 40 and 80 meters. So I guess it wasn’t my station, it was the ionosphere to blame.

5 QSOs with NE9U, the only mobile I heard.  Once their signal dropped to almost inaudible levels (about 0215z, after I worked them in GOGE)

Hoping for better conditions next year!