[MiQP-Mail] WT9U/M Summary

Jim Reisert AD1C jjreisert at alum.mit.edu
Sun Apr 17 22:01:08 CDT 2005

At 10:52 PM 4/17/2005, James Walter wrote:

>About the same score as last year.  I've never had any luck making
>qso's on 80m but had made a last minute modification to the 75m
>hamstick adding another wire to the capacity hat making it an X
>instead of a straight line.  Didn't have a chance to check it out
>before hitting the road.  Was shocked when I finally put it up and
>could actually run stations.  Had I known it was going to work would
>have tried 80 hours earlier, nuts!

I worked exclusively 80 meters this year, only was able to get on for
the last hour of the contest.  Was amazed by all the mobile signals
on 80 meters.  If I remember right, you were not that strong compared
to the other stations, but plenty workable.  Glad you were able to
make the modifications.

73 - Jim AD1C

--
USA +978-251-9933, <jjreisert at alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.us