[MiQP-Mail] WT9U/M Summary

James Walter wt9u at verizon.net
Sun Apr 17 21:52:22 CDT 2005

                        MICHIGAN QSO PARTY SUMMARY SHEET

    Contest Dates : 16-Apr-05, 17-Apr-05

    Callsign Used : WT9U
        Operators : WT9U WA9PQN

         Category : Mobile

 Default Exchange : S/N County

             Name : James A. Walter
          Address : 60112 Circle R Lane
   City/State/Zip : Elkhart, IN  46517
          Country : United States

        Team/Club : Goshen ARC

   80CW       90          90        178       4
   40CW      298         298        588      32
   40SSB      66          66         66      27
   20CW      223         223        440      16
   20SSB      60          60         60      16

 Totals      737         737       1332      95

    Final Score = 126540 points.

My plan to put 30 counties on the air was overly optomistic, all told this time was 26.  Guess the mapping software's defaults are more realistic than I thought.

About the same score as last year.  I've never had any luck making qso's on 80m but had made a last minute modification to the 75m hamstick adding another wire to the capacity hat making it an X instead of a straight line.  Didn't have a chance to check it out before hitting the road.  Was shocked when I finally put it up and could actually run stations.  Had I known it was going to work would have tried 80 hours earlier, nuts!

Lot's of fun once again.  My thanks to Ian, WA9PQN for driving the 600+ miles.  Used the TS850 this year and absolutely no RFI problems for a change.  TR Log did stop polling the radio late in the contest but I think this was a memory issue.

73...Jim, WT9U