[MiQP-Mail] Suggestion for improving participation in MiQP

Hank Greeb n8xx at arrl.org
Mon Mar 20 21:32:55 CST 2006

The fellow at the ARRL VEC said that he grants any of the 1by1 calls on
a first come, first serve basis.  It appears to me that any reason seems
good enough to warrant such a call.  I suppose that if the 1 by 1's
became much more popular than they current are, then the NVEC's might
become more picky on what they approve, but so far the requests have
been very sparse compared with the number of 1 by 1's available (75 for
each day of the year - the N, K, and W's for each of the letters of the
alphabet except for "X".).  The form for applying is at
http://www.ncvec.org/1x1_request_form.php

So far, Queen City Emergency Net's 60th anniversary, Tour of the Scioto
River Valley, Ohio QSO Party, Michigan QSO Party, and ARRL Field Day
have been sufficient "justification" for a 1 by 1 call.

73 de n8xx/N8M (during MiQP 2006) Hg