[MiQP-Mail] MiQP Activity Map

k8cc@comcast.net k8cc at comcast.net
Thu Mar 23 15:01:54 CST 2006

Hank,

I will be the first to admit that I'm not the clever HTML wizard that the OhQP webmaster, N8VW is.  However, that's what he does for a living while I engineer cars and trucks :-)

The "manual method" that MiQP uses has been well received for several years.  The MiQP community get's by just fine and we have a better record than OhQP of getting all counties on.  (OK, so we have 83 and they have 88 so our task is a little easier.)

I don't see that e-mails reporting intended activity "clutters" this reflector.  If we weren't talking about activity, then we'd have nothing to talk about at all.

Good to hear you'll be active from KENT.  For some reason not much activity out that way, which is surprising considering that some major cities are located in the area.

73,

Dave

From: Hank Greeb <n8xx at arrl.org>

Dave:

I don't see any place to list my activity on the web site.  (Hint- take a look @ the oqp site for what I mean).

Anyway, if we must clutter this reflector with our data, hear it are:

Call
n8m - Special Event station call
QTH
KENT county
Times
1600Z April 15 to 0400Z April 16 (with a few times off for breaks such as eating, etc.)
Mode(s), Bands
CW, mainly on 20 and 40 during the day, and mainly 40 and 80 during the evening.
(If I can find a microphone and find that the modulator in my rig works on anything other than on/off I'll try SSB.  :)

Good luck on the WPX contest.

73 de n8xx (n8m during MiQP) Hg

k8cc at comcast.net wrote:

MiQPers:

I'm typing this from a villa on St Croix in the US Virgin Islands where I'll be active in the CQ WPX SSB contest this weekend.  (No, this is not pre-contest advertising because I'm not telling you what callsign we'll be using.)

The purpose of this note is to encourage everyone to post their MiQP plans here on the reflector.  I'll be back in MI on March 29 and should have a county map of activity on the web site shortly thereafter.

As for my contribution to activity plans, things are falling together nicely for another K8MQP multi-multi effort from CHEB, although this time from a different QTH than 2005.  CHEB will be well covered on both modes.

73,

Dave/K8CC