[MiQP-Mail] CW question

Hank Greeb n8xx at arrl.org
Mon Apr 16 09:05:28 CDT 2007

The problem with working all counties is that all counties aren't on
when the propagation is right.  For example, had I been serious with the
GQP yesterday, I'd have had a very hard time catching all the counties
because often I heard the "other half" of a mobile's contact on 20
meters.  He never showed up on 40 from that county, which was the
propagation that "probably" would have worked from Michigan to that
Georgia county at that time. Other Georgia stations, fixed and mobiles
were making it on 40.

The contest might be more fun if we'd each try to convince a fellow ham
to get on from home in a "rare" county.   Sure, mobiling is fun, but
there are so many counties without a fixed station entry (33 out of 88
possible counties) that it's almost embarrassing.

Hg