[MiQP-Mail] N9NE/M MIQP Preliminary

Todd Fonstad tfonstad at earthlink.net
Sun Apr 22 09:38:39 CDT 2007

It's 9:30 am and I feel like I have a hangover. Total roundtrip mileage to
the UP (9 counties) was 588 miles. Got home at 2 am CDT.  Most contacts made
while parked but tried logging 'on the fly' which is darned hard to do on
twisting, bumpy, rough roads. Hand logged on steno pad. Will take a while to
figure out what I made, scorewise, even if I can read my scrawling.

Contrary to most other forays, this one started wonderfully (20 and 40) and
gradually worsened until the QRN shut me down prematurely in Bark River
(DELTA). Quit 20 minutes before end of 'test to get on down the road.

Jeff, KE9S, and I had a brief eyeball in Iron River Friday night. Also
passed another mobile with two antennas somewhere along Hwy 28 in HOUG or
BARA.

Many 1x1 ops called me by name, and I apologize for not remembering who was
behind the key!

Wonderful weather, no rain or fog, no deer collisions.

See you next year.

73
Todd
N9NE