[MiQP-Mail] Mackinac 50th Certificate

Todd Fonstad tfonstad at earthlink.net
Fri Mar 30 09:01:31 CDT 2007

Randy, WF5X, just posted: "Mackinac lends itself well to this year as it's
the 50th Anniversary of the Mackinac Bridge."

Duh ... it just dawned on me from Randy's post that the bridge is 50 years
old. Yikes! I remember taking the car ferry across the Straits as a kid
before the bridge was built. What fun!

I just looked into the mirror and saw an old guy looking back at me....

BTW, two of the seven ferries that 'usta' serve the Straits over the years
are seen in this image on my home page at
http://home.earthlink.net/~tfonstad/wash.htm.  They went from hauling people
and cars to transporting potatoes to Chicago from Wisconsin's Washington
Island before meeting the welder's cutting torch.

My plans for the MIQP are still uncertain, but if I participate, it will be
a solo mobile trip in the western UP from some rare and beautiful counties.

73
Todd
N9NE