[MiQP-Mail] Lettuce Pray for a few sunspots for April 19

Todd Fonstad tfonstad at earthlink.net
Sat Apr 12 23:29:51 EDT 2008

Hank, n8xx, posted "If things are as bad next week as this week, 40 will be
an almost complete bust for in state Q's.  I've been dabbling in the Georgia
QSO party this afternoon, and many mobile signals are just at the noise
level on 40, and nil on 20.  I haven't checked 80 yet."

I also dabbled in the 'test today and found identical conditions here in
eastern WI. However, 80M has been humming this evening. The good news on 80
is that not only are the GA fixed stations and mobiles reasonably good copy
(and there are hordes of callers on the rovers), but close-in stations are
very strong as well. Heard were K8DD, n8xx, N8MR, and numerous IL and WI
stations. That bodes well for 80 and 75 in the evening as local and
'distance' bands, as well as during the day for local contacts. Best get a
wahr up for 80!

73
Todd
N9NE