[MiQP-Mail] K8MR/M MiQP Report

Jimk8mr at aol.com Jimk8mr at aol.com
Tue Apr 21 23:51:45 EDT 2009

 Michigan QSO Party

Call: K8MR
Operator(s): K8MR, AC8E
Station:  K8MR

Class: Mobile Multi-Op LP
QTH: 25 Counties
Operating Time  (hrs): 12

80:  209      64
40:  349     43
20:  140     16
   15:    0       0
10:    0       0
--------------------
Total:  698    123  CW  Mults = 65  Ph Mults = 55  Total Score = 182,280

Club: Mad  River Radio Club

Comments:

Results by county, in order of  appearance:

CW    SSB
LAPE   17    0
SANI    30    3
HURO   40     1
TUSC   35    5
SAGI    18    2
BAY    18     5
AREN   43    4
IOSC    47    5
OGEM   39     3
OSCO   30   21
ALCO   31     6
ALPE   19    4
MTMO    20    6
PRES   24     9
CHEB   18   11
EMME   36     7
CHAR   22    3
ANTR    30    0
OTSE   41     8
CRAW   33    7
ROSC    39    7
MISS   26     2
CLAR   25    2
ISAB     5    1
MIDL   12    1

States  44   27
Ctys   21   28

This  year I teamed up with driver AC8E to cover 25 counties in the
northeast
lower  peninsula of Michigan. It was a beautiful day to be driving, but
perhaps
too  nice as a lot of people were taking advantage of the nicest day of the
 year
to date to do things other than work us crazy mobile contesters. As is
often the
case, we did see snow on the ground in shaded areas in the top two  tiers of
counties. I always hope this is the last snow I'll see for six or  seven
months.

This was the maiden contest voyage of my new (2001)  Honda Odyssey minivan.
No
problems, it does have some ignition noise that the  blanker handled, but
little
other noise from fuel pumps, computers, etc.  Fortunately gas prices were
about
half of what they were last  year.

Conditions were decent for having no sunspots. 80 meters worked  well, and
we
had more qsos on 75 SSB than on 40 and 20 SSB combined. A lot of  those
80/75
qsos were well before dark.

Best qsos were the several  with Phil, KL8DX up in Denali, including a qsy
SSB where he was still  decently loud. There were relatively few European
QSOs
this year. I had two  qsos with stations in the same county as me, a fairly
rare
happening.   Worked WD8S on 40 CW in Ogemaw, and KX8P on 20 SSB in Presque
Isle.
Unfortunatly neither could qsy to the other mode for a double mult.

Thanks to all who followed me around the state, as well as to those who
made
only a qso or two.  See you all in the Ohio QSO Party on Saturday,  August
22,
as well as in Dayton in a few weeks.

73  -   Jim   K8MR

web. Get the Radio Toolbar!