[MiQP-Mail] logging program

Hank Greeb n8xx at arrl.org
Sun Apr 18 08:46:21 EDT 2010

Scott:

I put a preliminary report in this reflector.  In a nutshell - NEWAygo
was fun! fun! fun!

I was in a Croton Township Park above the Croton Dam (on the Muskegon
River).  It's about 100 feet higher than the river, and away from the
big HV power lines which radiate (both physically, and I assume RF
wise)  from the hydroelectric power plant below the dam.  It was fairly
quiet RF-wise, with some wind static with 30+ MPH winds.  Didn't get to
the town of Newaygo - it's about 8 miles to the west of the dam.  I did
go there in my initial scouting of the area, but wanted to be in a more
rural area to get away from power line noise.

Next year I'll probably try another of the 'rare' counties to the north
of Kent.  Operating, even QRP, from a "rare" county seemed to be a
magnet for contacts. :)

for the "QDF file" you might look at it with a text editor to see what's
wrong - I've not screwed around with NA, but most of the native files
for these logging programmes are plain text, sometimes with some special
delimiters.

73 de n8xx Hg