[MiQP-Mail] Michigan Tech

Gary Keck, KE7DX ke7dx at marketemporium.com
Tue Apr 20 22:50:35 EDT 2010

I sent e-mails to all the folks I could find at W8YY asking if they were
going to be in MIQP 2010.  I got a null response.

And Earl, MTU doesn't even have a hockey team that anyone cares about any
more....  :-(

Morse, Earl (E.A.) wrote:
As usual, everyone thinks there
are only two universities in Michigan and forgets that Michigan
Technological University exists.  Probably because we don't have a
football team that anyone cares about.  W8YY was 9YX when it was first
set up on campus in a coal bin in the EE building around the start of
WWI.  Known for deep snow, professional beer drinking, and the
hardiness of the UP population; MTU cranks out engineers like Paris
Island cranks out US Marines.

73,

+Gary Keck, KE7DX
Chairman, Catalina Radio Club