[MiQP-Mail] Question about DX Clusters for MIQP

Hank Greeb n8xx at arrl.org
Sat Apr 9 23:13:44 EDT 2011

Dave, et. al:

In case anyone else is questioning - This wouldn't be "self spotting."
I'd spot folks I find in rare counties where there's only one known
fixed station, or if I find a mobile in a rare county I'd spot him.

And, I'd turn off inbound spotting (right now I don't recall how that's
done, but I found it possible when I was thinking of spotting via my
wife's cell phone with limited text message capability during a US
Islands QSO party where spotting was encouraged.

Whilst self spotting is encouraged for some casual operations on a
specialty QRP clusters (Not associated with the typical DX cluster
network), for most "real" contests such as MiQP, et. cetera, it's
definitely is bad taste. :)

73 de n8xx Hg
Operating as K6JSS/MECO during MIQP 2011