[MiQP-Mail] operating aids

Hank Greeb n8xx at arrl.org
Fri Apr 10 17:51:11 CDT 2015

I've not done a comprehensive survey, but some of the "biggies" of which
I'm familiar:

Ohio - allows RBN and DX clusters for all categories
Michigan - Does NOT allow RBN or DX clusters for Single op*
Georgia - (this weak end) Allows RBN and DX Clusters for all categories
Florida - has both single op and single op assisted
California - Does NOT allow*
Texas - Allows RBN, DX Clusters, et. nausea
7QP - Does NOT allow*
NEQP - Makes no mention of "assistance" or no prohibition of
"assistance" for any of the categories, so I'd assume it was permitted
Minnesota - Allows Assistance for all categories

There are other QSO Parties which others might considered "major" I just
don't have any more interest in figuring them out.

So
five allow assistance for Single OP category,
one has a separate category for SO assisted,
three do NOT allow assistance for Single Op category.

I doubt that this type of information will make a dent in the "we've
done it this way forever, and we'll never change" attitude of some of he
"die hards" who say that any assistance of any kind should NOT be
allowed in the single op category.  I'm just throwing these data out for
the fish (halibut) and amusement of the reading public and, because I
have a bit of idle time whilst listening to the ABC news.

Note:  Many of the rule pages do not mention it, but those who do say
that self spotting is not permitted.

72/73 de n8xx h=Hg
QRP >99.44% of the time