[MiQP-Mail] Questions?

Hank Greeb n8xx at arrl.org
Sun Apr 9 13:45:29 CDT 2006

Dave:

Thanks for the reply.  I saw the announcement in QST, on the ARRL
contest web site, and in the Michigan Section Newsletter.  I haven't see
the info on any of the local (Kent County/Grand Rapids) Amateur Radio
Club web sites, though I didn't dig through them deeply.  Since I didn't
participate in MiQP last year, nor the year before, I have no way of
knowing if individuals who partook of the event  in the past were sent
individual reminders via e-mail.

However, I know for a fact that, even after participating for five or
more consecutive years, I've never received an individual e-mail
concerning the Ohio QSO party.  I subscribe to the OQP reflector, so I
get information there, but many folks who participate in OQP don't
subscribe to it, so I publicize it via the several club reflectors in SW
Ohio to which I still belong.  I also personally provide info to
webmasters in that area, and many of them give front page publicity in
the months prior to the OQP..

Very few amateur radio clubs in the SW part of Ohio gave it much
publicity until N8TFD and the Queen City Emergency Net started beating
the drum to stir up participation.  Yes, MiQP and OQP are two different
contests, but they're run by the same organization, both are fun, but
both would be even more fun with more participants and more real
competition.

Please don't take my questions or suggestions as negative criticism.
They are meant to be positive, to broach ideas for improvement in
participation.

73 de n8xx Hg