[MiQP-Mail] 1X1 Call QSL Tally

David Pruett k8cc at comcast.net
Wed Jul 11 23:09:16 CDT 2007

I wish I had your guy's problems.  I get literally dozens of QSL
requests for K8MQP every year.  Maybe it's not *so* special, but...

The Mackinac 50 certificate will be awarded automatically.  I had to
logcheck all of the MiQP first before running the computer program to
check for eligibility, because busted QSOs don't count.  However, that
is all done and the eligibility program has been run.

Not give away all of the results (I gotta have *some* surprises left for
the results article), but 74 Michigan stations and 70 non-MI stations
qualified for the award.  The first station to "make the trip to
Mackinac" did it in 41 minutes and only 17 QSOs, and two stations did it
in only 16 QSOs.  It apparently was more difficult more Michigan
stations to earn the award (probably because of poor short skip on
40?).  The 74 MI winners averaged 140 QSOs to get the award, while the
70 non-MI winners only took 73 QSOs.  But then again, the MI guys were
working non-MI QSOs interspersed with their MI QSOs...

64 stations gathered enough QSOs to win the award multiple times, but
I'm assuming that Hank will issue only one certificate?

I'll have the list of winners to N8XX here in a week or so and Hank can
start cranking out certificates.

I am probably 90% done with the web writeup, but still have to do the
.PDF version, so we should be in good shape to have all results posted
by the first of August.

I still could use pictures of your MiQP effort.  I think I've only
received two so far...

Dave/K8CC