[MiQP-Mail] Fwd: [ILQSO] State QSO party questions

k8gt at twmi.rr.com k8gt at twmi.rr.com
Wed Mar 21 12:57:57 CDT 2007

Pfui,   I don't think that MI or OH folks are any less friendly than IL
and that phony baloney "park at 4 corners" is a PITA for logging, since
you only get 1 QSO credit and 4 mults.  I guess if you actually parked
right in the intersection of the two roads then you could claim that.
As far as I'm concerned 1 QSO and 1 Mult.  The way some of the stations
in the OKQP did it I didn't know that there were multiple counties
coming and after the first one could have tuned away, but I was lucky I
was a little slow and heard him sending more instead of a QRZ.

I'm sorry, if I want a "bare knuckle, knock down, drag 'em out" type
contest and log checking, I enter the major contests, but these are QSO
"Parties" which are used to entice newbies and non contesters to get
involved in a casual operating "event" and learn the basics of
contesting.  If you then "draw blood" in checking their logs, they may
just find something else to do next year.

73, Gerry K8GT
Plans for MIQP still being formulated, including a 1x1 call, since my
suffix first letter isn't included in "Mackinac".